Since 2003, KidsRights has been working together with children to create a world in which children’s rights are guaranteed. KidsRights offers children and youth a platform to make their voices heard and give them the possibility to develop themselves as positive and resilient changemakers.
KidsRights has been actively working to prioritize children’s rights on global and regional agendas in innovative ways since its founding and has developed into an international children’s rights organization with impactful and unique programs, such as the International Children’s Peace Prize, the KidsRights Index and State of Youth/Changemakers.
There are many talented young people with promising initiatives all over the world. KidsRights believes that all children who want to make a change should be recognized and supported in their struggle to improve children’s rights. These initiatives can have great impact with the right support and opportunities, no matter how small the initiative may be.
We are looking for a social media and communication intern, who gets a kick out of pioneering and working together with (international) partners to create a community of thousands of committed youth and to help enlarge the impact of youth initiatives.
- Available 40 hours per week from March 1st and living in The Netherlands.
- Academic background: Communications, Marketing or relevant field.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing, graphic design and social media are necessary.
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Exceptional writing and organization skills, with a very good eye for detail, and a demonstrated ability to multi-task, plan ahead and keep track of tasks.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent (spoken and written) English required. A command of Spanish or French would be an asset.
- Proactive and able to work well independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, challenging non-profit setting.
- Experience with engaging with communities on Facebook and Instagram is a plus.
What will you be doing?
For both these channels on Facebook, Instagram and our own channels (email, platform and website) we need someone that understands how to talk to our various audiences. State of Youth is focused on children between 13 and 24 years old, this channel needs a different tone of voice than our KidsRights channel that is more focused on an older audience.
You will help KidsRight’s role in the empowerment of children worldwide. We want to create a world in which children’s rights are guaranteed and children are enabled to realize their great potential. For State of Youth, we focus on the achievement of the SDGs through a children’s rights perspective, internationally, through different social media platforms.
Duties may include to enhance the State of Youth image with online tools within Social Media and to actively reach out to other communities through Instagram to connect and promote State of Youth. Interns will assist with identifying, developing and executing a communications strategy for key social media contacts and followers.
Under the overall guidance of their superiors, you will perform the following tasks:
- Engage and grow the community of followers for KidsRights and State of Youth.
- Analyzing our content performance and developing strategies that will influence new creative concepts.
- Posting content and replying to comments on our social platforms.
- Analyze and track the KPIs set on a weekly and monthly basis, including reports.
- Answer queries and emails from our followers and others about the opportunities we offer
All the activities are variable and dependent on project needs and your technical level. We offer a great opportunity for you to develop your skills and experience in project management and communication. In a weekly review session you will be able to pose any questions and review your progress.
We expect you to work from home, but there’s the opportunity to work 1 day per week from our office in Lijnden. This can be discussed.
Interested or want to learn more? Send an email with CV and motivation to KidsRights, attn. Jolanda@kidsrights.org