Since 2003, KidsRights has been working together with children to create a world in which children’s rights are guaranteed. KidsRights offers children and youth a platform to make their voices heard and give them the possibility to develop themselves as positive and resilient changemakers.
KidsRights has been actively working to prioritize children’s rights on global and regional agendas in innovative ways since its founding and has developed into an international children’s rights organization with impactful and unique programs, such as the International Children’s Peace Prize, the KidsRights Index and State of Youth/Changemakers.
There are many talented young people with promising initiatives all over the world. KidsRights believes that all children who want to make a change should be recognized and supported in their struggle to improve children’s rights. These initiatives can have great impact with the right support and opportunities, no matter how small the initiative may be.
We are looking for a Action program intern.
- Available around 24 to 40 hours per week
- Academic background: Human’s/children’s rights, international development, business studies
- Strong communication skills, including excellent (spoken and written) English and Dutch required.
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Exceptional writing and organization skills, with a very good eye for detail, and a demonstrated ability to multitask, plan ahead and keep track of tasks.
- Proactive and able to work well independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, challenging non-profit setting.
What will you be doing?
As an intern at KidsRights, no day is the same. We receive tons of requests from children for example about joining our Action Program, sending in their project plans, or asking for other opportunities we offer. We need someone to help us manage all requests and pick the best ones.
You’ll be in contact with Dutch children that want to change the world. In this internship, you’ll be the key to make sure our Program Manager gets the best requests and together you’ll empower them to have the biggest reach.
Under the overall guidance of their superiors, you will perform the following tasks:
- Support our projects in the Netherlands
- Communicating with Program attendees
- Manage and review sign-ups for these Programs
- Research information, partners, and opportunities
All the activities are variable and dependent on project needs and your technical level. We offer a great opportunity for you to develop your skills and experience in project management and communication. In a weekly review session you will be able to pose any questions and review your progress.
We expect you to work from the office, located in the city center of Amsterdam, but there’s the opportunity to work 1 day per week from home.
Why work for us
All the activities are variable and dependent on project needs and your technical level. We offer a flexible work location with 3-4 days in office.
We offer a great opportunity for you to develop your skills and experience in project management and communication at an established and independent organization that does important work. An inspiring and challenging internship in which you can get a taste of working life at an NGO. In a weekly review session, you will be able to pose any questions and review your progress.
For this internship we offer an internship allowance of 250 euros per month, excluding travel expenses.
Interested or want to learn more? Send an email with CV and motivation to KidsRights, attn.