Ángel has had to face an environment where the consumption of narcotics and the violence generated by the Mexican drug cartels, mainly affects the safety of the streets, and has as its main victims children and young people, who in the absence of opportunities and the inequality of their environments, see as the only means of social scale to enter these criminal structures. In 2017, in the face of the pressure and bullying he suffered in his school, due to the open manifestation of his sexual preferences, he deserted and turned all his interest into promoting the development of his children’s soccer team, called “Color Esperanza”. Considering all the difficulties he has had to face and the problem of violence and drug addiction that affects many children and young people in his community, he has found in football an inspiration to promote the rights of children, so that through the practice of this sport they reach a more dignified life free of fears.
- Ángel’s 4-year training process as a Mayama child has given him tools that have empowered him to become an actor in his own development and that of his community.
- He achieved the creation of the Sports School “Color Esperanza” in 2018.
- Rehabilitation between 2018 and 2019 of the sports unit Hacienda de San Martín, in the municipality of Tlaquepaque, Jalisco, through the campaign led in his community, thanks to which he achieved the installation of a synthetic grass soccer field, provision of balls, cones, hoops, among others, which was inaugurated on January 31, 2019.
- Ángel currently leads the technical direction of five football teams, one composed of 25 women from 16 to 40 years old, which is called Guerreras; a youth of 25 men from 12 to 15 years old, who is called Deportivo García; the Alzada team, which is a free category made up of 25 players between the ages of 15 and 60; Juventus Nacional made up of 25 young people between the ages of 15 and 25; and the Alzada Junior that is made up of boys and girls between 12 and 15 years old.
- In 2021 Ángel received recognition from the Football League, as the largest team player in the league, for having the largest number of teams in his charge, which for this date was a total of 6 teams, which gathered in total about 150 people, including children, youth and adults.
- The plans for the future are to seek more financial support, to rehabilitate more sports spaces and open more teams in different categories. This will help to save more children and young people from drug addiction and criminal organizations.
- Angel also wishes to support Mayama A. C’s efforts in construction of the sports spaces of the new Mayama Center, so that more children who benefit like him from this training program have a better life.
- He also dreams of resuming his studies, and improving her knowledge and training to create a foundation that supports children who suffer rejection and neglect in their homes.
- In 2019, Angél participated in the campaign “Let’s Transform Together”, in which through different interviews with social actors he told his experience as a Child Mayama.
- In 2020 his narration about “MY Dad is a Super Hero” was published in the book, “Real Heroes in a Real World”, prepared by Mayama with the aim of showing the resilient capacity of children and families in the midst of the global crisis generated by Covid-19.
- Creation of the Sports School “Color Esperanza” in 2018, with the participation of ten children from the municipality of Tlaquepaque, Jalisco, between the ages of 6 and 12 years, which came to gather a total of 82 girls and boys.
- Ángel’s rehabilitation benefited a total of 75 young people and 80 children from the Emiliano Zapata neighborhoods, the Brotherhood, Parques de la Victoria, Santibáñez, Haciendas de San Martín and Rinconadas de San Martín.
- His organization and realization of ten football tournaments have contributed in the participation of a total of 250 people from his community, between the ages of 12 and 60 years.
- From 2018 through visits to the houses of his neighbors and members of his community, Ángel began the campaign of mobilization of the mothers of his colony, so that they saw in the proposal to remodel the sports field of their colony a life project for their children, because through football they could get away from addictions and achieve a better use of their free time.
- During 2018-2019, Ángel achieved the realization of approximately 15 community meetings, with an average of 30 families, with the aim of organizing his community to mobilize the support of his municipality’s government for the remodeling of the Hacienda de San Martín sports unit. As well as to show the progress that children have had when integrating into the football school, so that parents and caregivers are more committed to the project.
- Ángel has achieved the formation of six football teams in different categories, mobilizing a total of 150 people.