KidsRights annually awards the prestigious International Children’s Peace Prize to a child who fights courageously for children’s rights. The winner receives:
- The “Nkosi” statuette which depicts a child that sets the world in motion
- A study and care grant to enable the child to obtain an education
- A project fund of € 100.000, which is invested by KidsRights in relevant children’s rights projects that are closely connected to the winner’s area of work
In addition, winning the International Children’s Peace Prize gives the winner a global platform to promote their work. For example, the message of Nav and Vhiaan, the winner of 2021, reached 3.5 billion people all over the world!
Will you help us find this year’s winner? You can nominate someone from here. Nominations are accepted until Tuesday March 1, 2022.
The nomination requirements are the following:
- Any person above the age of 18 or an organization can nominate a child
- The child must be between the age of 12 and 17 by the time of the nomination deadline
- The child can be from any country in the world
- The child must have a demonstrable history of standing up and fighting for the rights of children, including himself or herself
- The child needs to be able to travel abroad and feel comfortable communicating with other people
- The child agrees to being nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize
The powerful and heartening stories of all the nominees will be posted on our website, and some of them will also be posted on our social media platforms (with the authorization of the parents/guardians). This way, we aim to create a buzz for children’s rights and to inspire as many people as possible! Please, click here to find the 2021 nominees’ stories.
If you have any questions or comments, please read the FAQ or contact us by replying to this email. Together we can change the world!